New Holland baker wagon hitch

Chief 83

I am going to try and build my own wagon hitch for my bc5050 baler. Just nothing around my area for parts and it doesn't seem that it will be too difficult. I could use some dimensions though. How long is the hitch from the end of the bale chamber and how far below ( if up from the ground)?
Thanks to anyone who can help!

I would set the wagon behind the baler so the front edge of the wagon rack is just about even with the end of the unfolded chute. Wagon back about 2-5 inches. With wagon outside of chute to the left about 6inches to a foot. thne measure what you need for length. Some more using of those balers may give better and more accurate settings for the off set of the wagon. Been 30 years since I was around an idiot cube maker.

I had a JD 336 that had a hitch that the PO had added. The distance out depends on the length of your chute. As Cat guy posted you want the end of the chute to be just about even with the front edge of the wagon. I suggest that you attach a bracket under the chute at four points and suspend a pipe with holes every six inches through which to pin a tube for the actual hitch.

I'd be real careful what kind of pipe you use. The original material for those is likely a lot more rigid than black or galvanized
pipe. You might find yourself with a loaded wagon closing in fast going down hill if it starts to bend and buckle.

(quoted from post at 06:20:20 03/20/22) I'd be real careful what kind of pipe you use. The original material for those is likely a lot more rigid than black or galvanized
pipe. You might find yourself with a loaded wagon closing in fast going down hill if it starts to bend and buckle.

Yes, the hitch tube on my current baler is probably 1/4 inch wall.

Be careful that the chute can't get caught on the front of the wagon when turning. If the stacking person on the wagon has a bale hook, they will still be able to pull the bale from the chute if a little
clearance is allowed.

If you are going to make a hitch be sure it is pulled from the axle not from the bale chamber I have seen many that pull accumulators behind the baler that is
conected to just the chamber and when you turn it twist the chamber and that causes the needles to get out of alignment and if it goes thru a tying cycle at this
time it can break the needle or needles. Have seen this happen many of times

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back