New Holland Gear Silage Wagon

tmiller

Believe this is a silage wagon and its on a new holland running gear.
I have been looking for a hay wagon and am thinking about buying this to make it a hay wagon.
Wondering if yall can tell me a weight limit on this wagon from what you can see and if i should cut it up to make a hay wagon or just keep looking, also thinking that it may be old enough to pick it up cheap.
Anything yall can tell me will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

<a href="http://s1067.beta.photobucket.com/user/oldfarmstuff/media/aab_zps43be0a14.jpg.html" target="_blank">
aab_zps43be0a14.jpg" border="0" alt=" photo aab_zps43be0a14.jpg"
</a>

hi,
I think if that unit can haul a load of green crop it should be ok to haul a load of hay. If it was cheap enough even a slightly smaller deck would be ok too. Ed Will

The running gear is definatly a NH about a 6ton. The live bottom unloading box I believe is a Farmhand. The running gear will work just fine under a 8'x16' hay rack as long as you don't "stack" it full.
Loren, the Acg.

That appears to be a double reach NH running gear.
Weight wise it will handle small squares just fine.
It will not twist to handle irregular ground too well.

I did that on MF chasis that had a self feeding forage box on it. Built a hay wagon deck and rear rack on it. Turned out nice, and probably the best wagon I have. 16 feet by 8 feet 3 inches. (Length of shortest board I got from Amish sawmill.) Little extra width is very handy for loading baled hay and oats in bundles.

(quoted from post at 15:44:01 03/04/13) Believe this is a silage wagon and its on a new holland running gear.
I have been looking for a hay wagon and am thinking about buying this to make it a hay wagon.
Wondering if yall can tell me a weight limit on this wagon from what you can see and if i should cut it up to make a hay wagon or just keep looking, also thinking that it may be old enough to pick it up cheap.
Anything yall can tell me will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

&lt;a href="http://s1067.beta.photobucket.com/user/oldfarmstuff/media/aab_zps43be0a14.jpg.html" target="_blank"&gt;&lt;img src="http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u426/oldfarmstuff/aab_zps43be0a14.jpg" border="0" alt=" photo aab_zps43be0a14.jpg"/&gt;&lt;/a&gt;

Called today and he wants $500 Making my question now, is that a good deal and if i took the body off how much do you think it would weigh in scrap?

Thanks
Taylor

The box might weigh as much as 2000 lbs. $350 would
be too much for that running gear alone. I'd keep
looking. You can buy a hayrack all ready to go for
that kind of money.

the running gear is a nh #15. i think they were 5 ton wagons. dad had a bunch under unloading wagons back in the 60s. i still have a couple. they will work ok unless, as already mentioned, you go through a deep ditch at a 45 degree angle. then the reaches will bend or break. as long as you keep that in mind, it should make a good gear for a hay wagon.
the box looks too good to scrap, but i wouldn't even attempt to use it for the start of a hay wagon.
$500 just pays for the running gear and wheels.

Got 3 of those running gears under 16' kicker racks! They have worked fine for me! Typical load is up to 150 40 lb bales.
HTH, Dave
Edit: The 2 on the left are on those NH gears The one on the right is an 8 ton Pequea gear with an 18' rack. The third NH gear &amp; rack is twin to the middle wagon. I also have a twin to the Pequea on the right giving me a total of 5 wagons.

15282.jpg

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back