New Holland L35

SDMike

Good Morning. I have a New Holland L35 skid loader that I just got running, hydraulic reservoir is full, but I have NO hydraulic functions. No bucket/boom functions, No movement from the wheels in either forward or reverse.
I have moved the Speed Control selector from slow to neutral to fast, still have nothing. The arm that connects the 2 transmissions moves these little control plates on the top of them very little, not sure it is doing anything at all. Also, it doesn't sound like the hydraulic pumps are pumping, even though the shaft to them is spinning. Anybody have one of these? Just bought it about a month ago. It has the Vickers transmissions. Seems like something is not engaging the engine to the pumps?
Thanks

Mike

Are all the safeties in place and working? I don't know about the L35, but I know some would not cut in unless the seatbelt is fastened and the safety bar down in front of the operator. A bad switch on one of those could hold it out.

I'm digging into my memory banks on this one! The arm you're talking about I think is just the high/low control. The hydro's have to be charged to operate. I don't remember if there's a charge pump, [usually a gerotor type pump sandwiched on one end of the hydros] or if the gear type hydraulic pump serves as the charge pump.

So if you can determine that you have a pump turning [no twisted shaft or shot splines] then maybe the pump is worn to where it needs help priming, or it's shot.

Bob, shaft from the engine spins to a central gearbox that is connected to the 2 transmissions. I will have to pull the cover off that gearbox to see what is going on. I just doesn't sound like any pumping is happening...like something need to be engaged. Thanks for your help.

Mike

Jim, this L35 is from 1972. I will double check for any safety's that may be causing this issue, but everything looks mechanical with little
to no electric controls other than the key switch and lights. It just seems like I am not engaging something?? Thanks

Mike

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back