new holland td5050

i have a new holland td5050 and all of a sudden its hard to put it into forward or reverse with the lever on the right. was working fine and then it just seems to have started. does anyone know what might be the issue with it the linkages look fine but everything looks to be internal so cant tell if something is bad.

Is the clutch releasing properly? I have no experience with that machine and have no idea how it is set up. On level ground with the park and foot brakes released place it in a lower gear then shift your F and R lever into forward. If the tractor creeps forward the clutch is not releasing properly. If that is the case get a manual or ask a dealer what the proper method is to adjust the clutch. My scenario assumes is has a dry clutch and the synchronizers are making it shift hard because the shafts are not stopping for the collars or teeth to engage.

Do they even put a regular clutch in anything anymore including a wet or dry clutch. I have no idea on this model. I thought most everything was a hydraulic operated clutch pack of some kind like power shifts have in them or that other thing a can't remember what they call it something like a VSD or other. Then all bets are off. Like the old Boxcar magnums if the pressure gets down on the nitrogen canisters they jerk when shifting more than if the pressure is up on them. According to the dealer when I talked to them.

I took a look at it and there appears to be a pin in the kap for the lever to ride on it looks to be caked in dirt so gonna clean it then see what happens

Cat guy, I looked at the tractor model on Tractordata, it is Turkish built. In my mind that says ..simplistic.. but it may be a very complex precision built power shift transmission. I have no clue, just giving him my best effort towards diagnosing his problem.

I have a t4020 newholland with two four speed shifters on the right hand side. One of them got very hard to shift.i took it apart and cleaned it real well been working good ever since

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back