New Holland TN70A Clutch and PTO adjustment

Steverino78

New User
This message is a reply to an archived post by Harry in Ky on April 24, 2021 at 18:33:20.
The original subject was Re: New Holland TN70A Clutch and PTO adjustment.

Giving this thread a bump to ask for references to the most reliable clutch replacement kits and best place to purchase. I have a 2006 New Holland TN70A 12x12 transmission and mechanical shuttle. I did read Harry in Ky has done many replacements using LUK kits so I'm already leaning heavy in this direction based on his feedback alone. Just started researching part numbers. Hoping to learn if I can order parts ahead of time, or, if I may need to get it torn down first to verify the assembly needed. Don't yet know if all the mechanical shuttle tractors have the same clutch. My New Holland repair manual shows a 11/11 Dual clutch and an 11 Single clutch (version with Power-shuttle). While not explicit, based on the repair manual, it appears all Mechanical Shuttle units use the same 11/11 Dual Clutch assemblies. Also appreciate any words of advice and must-have special tools for this job. I've split tractors before but always older 2wd tractors.

There are at least a dozen suppliers for that clutch kit that pop up as soon as you search for it. Which one is the best source, or which is the worst? I wouldn't make that call. I've used a number of them with few problems. I look at the various units, compare what's included and the prices. Usually rule out the two most expensive and certainly the two cheapest ones, then make a judgement call from what's left.

The local NH dealer stocks a lot of after market parts, including clutch kits. Sometimes I go there if they have one on the shelf, and because I know they will work with me if there are any issues with they sell.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back