New Idea picker parts question

Keith Molden

I bought an old New Idea 1 row corn picker at an auction a few weeks ago. Last evening I had a fellow from the northwestern part of the state (Ohio) called me wanting to know if it is in fact a #7. I can't find any data plate on it at all and he needs the snapping roll driveshaft off it. I'm wondering if any other model shaft will work on his if this one isn't a #7. I haven't owned a corn picker for 30 years or longer and I never was very sure of what parts would fit each other. I'd hate to tell him the wrong model and have him drive all this distance. Any help you guys can give would be greatly appreciated, I can't get down there to look at the shaft cause I'm pretty much housebound with this right hip replacement. Keith

Well I have a # 7 here that Grandpa love helped me get.
I also have a manual for it.
But I can't answer your question.
Richard in NW SC

I think the no7 had a wooden bottom in the elevator and the 10 had a metal bottom. Been a long time since I have thought about that so might be wrong. Tom

Keith..... Being that you're not able to physically bend down or squat because of health issues.... Enlist a friend or relative to make a video of the picker and forward it to the guy making the enquiiry. Maybe he can tell if it what he needs or not. Wingnut

The ID plate is on the frame by the main gear box where the drive shaft connects in front of the husking bed on the 323 pickers I've had. Maybe look there for a ID plate.

Thanks everyone for the replies. I had my grandson in law go down and put his phone back in where I thought it was and take a picture. It's a #10 so now I'm wondering if the shafts will enterchange. Thanks again guys

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back