Nancy Howell

Well-known Member
We picked up the M Thurs. eve. Turned out to be a pretty eventful evening. It was "tight quarters" in the guy's back area and when I was backing the g/n up to get it positioned, discovered there wasn't enough slack in the wires for the trailer lights and the connector snapped. Finally got the g/n positioned and while James loaded the tractor, I worked on repairing the lights. After getting the tractor loaded, James came to help with the lights and we finally got the right wires in the right spots and left about 7:30 pm. When we were sitting at the light at Hwy. 19 and I-20 in Canton, I looked to the left and could see the moon, stars and a few clouds. When I looked to the north, lightening. As we headed north on Hwy. 19, the lightening got real wild. I figured we were in for one nasty storm. As it turned out, we just caught the edge - some rain, but not much wind. Hooray! I wasn't so much concerned about the rain as I was wind. James was in the Dodge with the equipment trailer and the Ford 2810 and I was in my Chevy with the smaller g/n and the new M. We had lightening, thunder and some rain most of the way to the farm. When we got to the farm, it hadn't been raining there and we cut across the pasture. Just to be safe, I stopped and shifted into 4wd. Waste of time. Its about 1/2 mile across the fields to the house and the 4wd never engaged. James had just gotten out of his truck and I had just gotten pulled into the yard of the shop when it started to pour. Again, we were just on the edge as it lasted about 10 seconds. It was now just after midnight. Tired, as soon as the rain quit we both headed for the house and called it a night. On Sat. we got the mower hooked up and tested it. It didn't work like we wanted and on Sun tweaked the set up. We've got a few things to fix on the M, but not much. We're both really pleased with the new addition. I took some pix and will post when I can.
 
Could be. But I need a stronger truck and don't want to put any more $ in the Chevy. Hope to pick up a good, used Dodge 3500 cummins diesel.
 
Can't argue that ! Best thing I ever did was sell the Chevy's and buy a 1996 Dodge Ram. I have a 360 gas engine and it really pulls nice. Better than I thought it would.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top