NH Baler issues

farmbug2014

New User
I have a 638 NH Baler and Monitor, no issues this last year until now, I have the tractor in the shop for winter service and when I replaced the battery and hooked up the monitor the buzzer will sound whether the switch is in the on or off position. No wires in the box are damaged. Any suggestions?
 
I have a 638 NH Baler and Monitor, no issues this last year until now, I have the tractor in the shop for winter service and when I replaced the battery and hooked up the monitor the buzzer will sound whether the switch is in the on or off position. No wires in the box are damaged. Any suggestions?
Do you have a service manual, with wiring diagrams, for the monitor and baler? Any fuses and are the connections to them clean and tight? A wire can break and not show. A switch can go bad. Solder can crack in a board or connection. A pin could be bad in a connector in the harness. I don't know about the New Holland 638 Manual, but I know I have referred to the trouble shooting in the service manual for my JD 435 to locate electrical glitches in the monitor and on the baler.
 
I have a 638 NH Baler and Monitor, no issues this last year until now, I have the tractor in the shop for winter service and when I replaced the battery and hooked up the monitor the buzzer will sound whether the switch is in the on or off position. No wires in the box are damaged. Any suggestions?
Are the battery cables connected to their proper post
 
Yes, I just built a new mount on the fender for the box, when it is on the fender mount it buzzes, when removed it does not. I wondered the same as you and switched the cables for a second but nothing then.
 
Do you have a service manual, with wiring diagrams, for the monitor and baler? Any fuses and are the connections to them clean and tight? A wire can break and not show. A switch can go bad. Solder can crack in a board or connection. A pin could be bad in a connector in the harness. I don't know about the New Holland 638 Manual, but I know I have referred to the trouble shooting in the service manual for my JD 435 to locate electrical glitches in the monitor and on the baler.
I don't have the manual, bought 2nd hand. I replaced the on/off switch but no change.
 
I don't have the manual, bought 2nd hand. I replaced the on/off switch but no change.
I got my baler second hand, it didn't come with manuals. So, I bought the JD service and operator's manuals, the parts manuals are online. you might check with your local dealer to find out the right publication numbers and get a price then you can use the publication number to shop place like eBay for used original NH manuals. CNHI has a place online to get official manuals, I don't have it at hand right now, someone will likely be along with it. They likely won't be cheap, but will be worth it to have.
 
I have a 638 NH Baler and Monitor, no issues this last year until now, I have the tractor in the shop for winter service and when I replaced the battery and hooked up the monitor the buzzer will sound whether the switch is in the on or off position. No wires in the box are damaged. Any suggestions?
Pay close attention to your bearings and shafts inside the door on the left side especially the bearing on the very top roller .behind that bearing is a couple washers that will break and lock up that roller. It happened to mine. I never had any issues with the switch.
 
Does it buzz if the cable is disconnected from the baler
Does your box just have the power switch and a buzzer, or does it also have bale shape indicators
 
It has a light indicator, buzzer, twine controller and an on/off switch. The light did not work last season, I simply went off the indicator on the baler.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top