NH S68 Baler

GregC

New User
I crashed my S68 last year, the pin that attatches the feeder tine bar to the chain broke. Made a mess of things. Got everything back together and ran some bales through it. Broke the flywheel shear bolt right away, I thought the needle brake had slipped, so I tightened it. Turned out that wasn't the problem, I forgot the drive chain was stretched, I adjusted it and untightened the needle brake the same amount I tightened it. Made 30 good bales and then broke the flywheel shear bolt again. This time the needle yoke will come down during the tieing process, but will not return all the way. Would a broken shear bolt on the knotter assembly cause this. I've checked the timing and it's right, any other ideas?
 
If your saying what I think your saying, no. A broken knotter shear bolt will not even start to tie. The brake might be a possibility but I suspect lose or worn linkage in the needle drive. Can you pull the needles home by hand?
 
I can pull them up by hand, takes quite a bit of effort though. Linkage looks to be good, but I"ll be going through it and the needle brake today. I"ll post what I find.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top