NH472 Haybine

86LG4T5

It's not a big deal I guess, but I get grass build up between the front of the wobble box and the frame. Every 2 hours or so I have to stop and pull out a wad the size of a football. It's really crammed in there and I assume it puts pressure on the wobble box as it's tilting back and forth. Anyone know why it does this or if this is normal?

Sounds like you have a piece missing that should shunt that material into the head or under it. If you are not riding on the previously cut swath then something is missing.

(quoted from post at 20:54:12 08/18/23) It's not a big deal I guess, but I get grass build up between the front of the wobble box and the frame. Every 2 hours or so I have to stop and pull out a wad the size of a football. It's really crammed in there and I assume it puts pressure on the wobble box as it's tilting back and forth. Anyone know why it does this or if this is normal?

Ditto to previous comment. Most haybine have some kind of skid plate and shield to prevent that. We're intimately aware of this because that plate is missing on both of our Hesstons, so we have to be vert careful about letting that end of the haybine get into a previously cut swath. We mow into a windrow to leave more space.

But anyway...maybe go to Messicks or NH website and look at the parts diagram? Check to see if you have all the shields?

Also? Take a look at your very first guards and sections.

If something is goofy with them, they'll drag hay back against the wobble box, as opposed to cutting it cleanly and sending it up the apron.

Which also brings up your reel. Check the drive end of your reel to make sure all the teeth are there to take the hay up the apron, as opposed to letting it build up on the cutterbar.

I appreciate this. On Messick's diagram it looks like part number 216447 might be the ticket. Listed as a Guard. Real descriptive. I tried to attach the picture and it's labeled as 46 in the diagram.
cvphoto162256.jpg

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back