no. 10 side mounted mower

bobin wayne

New User
I took a JD #10 side mount sickle mower off a 3010.I put it on a 3020 and the brackets all fit but the distance between the drive belt assembly and the mower is 3" shorter on the 3020 then the 3010.I can't put the pto shaft on. I don't want to cut the pto shaft because it would be to short if I wanted to put the mower back on the 3010.Does anyone have any suggestions ?
 
Go to your local farm store and buy a shaft to hook up to the tractor the same size as the mower's. You'll have two shafts, one for each tractor, but it seems the best option to me.

I did this with my #8, when I converted it to hook up with a quick hitch. I still have the short shaft if I decide to use it on my B instead of my 3010.
 
I would think pto shafts for use on a 3010 & 3020 would be the same length. I looked up shafts for same tractors in parts catalog and it lists them as identical up to a certain serial number. The rectangular tube & shaft pto shafts can readily have their lengths altered with a cut-off saw,grinder and a welder.

mvphoto20820.jpg


parts catalog shows frt pto shafts identical.
mvphoto20821.jpg
 
I don't want to cut the shaft because it will no longer fit the 3010 if I want to put it back on it. Would there be any problem in moving the bracket attached to the tractor forward 3". It would not be attached the exact same as called for in the manual. would this cause any problems?
Bob
 
There are plenty of holes in your brackets so move the mounting brackets forward a set.We have our 10 on a 2510 and there are no book settings for a 10 on a 2510 we just lined it up so the shaft would work.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top