No reverse or 1st gear

I currently have no reverse or 1st gear on my 1810d. 2nd and 3rd work just fine in c 123. Anyone have any ideas or can explain how the transmission works and if not having 1st and reverse are related? I have pulled the shifter and looked at the springs and they appear to be all intact.
 
I think 1st and reverse use the same clutch pack (2nd & 3rd use the other one) so I would suspect something there has gone wrong. The service manual will give you some port pressures to test to better help diagnose though.

Did this just happen all of the sudden?


<ATTACHMENT filename="1.JPG" index="1"><s>[attachment=1]</s>1.JPG<e>[/attachment]</e></ATTACHMENT>

I guess you are sure that the shift lever is just not sloppy on the shifter valve (not fully getting into 1st or reverse which are the closest to the neutral position)?

<ATTACHMENT filename="3.jpg" index="0"><s>[attachment=0]</s>3.jpg<e>[/attachment]</e></ATTACHMENT>

3_8397d86852867d3e54eed90ce6a470b6.jpg


3_4eb7c98eed0b6eb04a75e91b68b73b23.jpg
 
Where does one find a service manual? Is the clutch pack a replaceable part or does the whole transmission need replaced?
I had the transmission dipstick fall off and when I drained the fluid a big chunk of metal came out of the gear box but it was working after and just stopped
 
You will really have to take it apart to investigate but maybe a broken gear or shaft or splines or something like that.

I would probably do all the powershift troubleshooting first though because, if you don't find anything visibly wrong once you have it apart, it will be impossible to troubleshoot the powershift without putting it back together.
 
While looking inside where the shifter bolts on it appears that the front clutch pack is wrecked. Not sure if this happened when the dipstick fell off or what. Is the clutch pack an available part? I plan to repair this winter sometime.
 
You cant get them new but we should have a good used one. Click the 'contact' us link below and I will get you a price.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top