Not sure what I have on this H

Around Christmas time I purchased an H Farmall and when I drug it out of the shed to get it running and I noticed an extra lever which I assume is a step up tranny. See Picture. I do have it running now. I'm interested in knowing what I have before pulling the lever? I don't want metal breaking...

Attachments

• DSCN1168.JPG
    DSCN1168.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 179
Probably for a 9-Speed transmission. Pull the lever up and see if gears 1-4 are faster than with the lever down. I am not positive, but you may need to disengage the clutch before pulling that lever.

I believe that is a Heisler 9 speed, yes the clutch is needed to shift it. M&W also made one for Farmalls. Here is a link to a YT post with more info. My reply #4 in the linked post has links to other posts about then.

I think I would remove the cotter pin and linkage and get the ball end of the lever up and reconnect the linkage. Leaving it that will cause problems.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back