Now that we're reminiscing...

I was probably 13 on this Massey 35. That would make it 1972. We had a 6'Clipper before that. I bought a PT JD 30 that paired up with the 35 until I started raising soybeans, got an IH 615 gas, blew the engine, got a MF 540, not much capacity, went to a 550. Still have that and a 750 with 6 row corn, got a 9120 head but didn't use it this year, beans were ready and head wasn't, used the 15' floating Hiniker.

cvphoto60874.jpg

I started out with a 55 roundback bought at auction 50 miles from home. Drove it home in Janruary. Later added a cab,hauled from Nebraska. Later sold it and bought a late 45 squareback/313 cornhead. Nice little combine,but small.Currently running a 95 squareback with a 443 cornhead. when I moved up from that 45,I was in 'hog heaven'. could not have been happier if I had a brand new 9600.Had a #30 in there once. Was handy for small patches of grain.

Always kept a 5' crowbar at my feet, we had oats seeded down with red clover that got a foot tall in the low spots, would slug and plug that narrow cylinder regularly. Other than that we liked it.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back