O/T One less copper thief

Anonymous-0

Well-known Member
In a town near me a person got fried as he tried to cut live electric wires for scrap copper. I guess copper prices must still be high. stan
 
(quoted from post at 23:55:50 03/06/08) In a town near me a person got fried as he tried to cut live electric wires for scrap copper. I guess copper prices must still be high. stan

Wait until the people that owned the property where it happened get sued by the thiefs family/attorneys.....

Don't laugh yet.

Dave
 
(quoted from post at 02:49:39 03/07/08) Good! The *amn mexicans will steal any scrap metal if it aint bolted to the ground.

At least they are trying to earn a living instead of welfare alone. Recycling is a good thing too, and you were gonna throw it away sometime anyway......
 
Exactly what did you mean by that statement, GG? That there are no white copper thieves? You may have that opinion, but it doesn't reflect well on this board when you make statements like that. I'm sure there are plenty of other places on the web where you say such things and they will be acceptable. Please post your racist comments there, not here.
 
He is just telling us how it is this is AMERICA and you have a right to say whats on your mind theres enough bleeding heart liberals and we dont need anymore.
 
Gene,

Yes, GG has the right to say anything he wants. But he is not entitled to make comments ON THIS BOARD that reflect poorly on our community. The last time I checked, mexicans were welcome to join us. As are blacks, chinese, puerto ricans, estonians and even white trash like myself.

I often wonder if David from Wales dropped off the board because he got sick of reading crap like this.

You seem to be under the mistaken opinion that one must be a conservative to be a racist. I know plenty of racist liberals and even more conservatives who are not racists.

Good day.
 
Nice response Dave2! Is it OK if I the starter and alternator out of YOUR car? After all you were going to throw it away sometime anyway.
 
Gun Guru,

I did not see anywhere in his post where he said it was a Mexican. Maybe you know more about the story than I do. I know things are differnt in parts of the country but I can tell you about the people I know. I have worked several public jobs as well as raised tobacco. I have worked with and hired lots of people. I would say I know more Mexicans by name than most people on this board do. FOR THE MOST PART give me a crew of Mexicans over a crew of local white trash anyday! Mexicans show up when they are told, don't whine, and from what I have been around they won't steal a ham sandwitch. They will work a full 8 hour day and gladly help with what ever is going on and not fuss aslong as they are paid a fair wage. I am soory if you have not had good experances with the culture. The biggest differnce in Mexicans and locals with out a job is they hang out at Home Depot and wait for work, locals hang out at the mail box and wait for the check.

Dave
 
Sorry folks... I didn't realize that my reply turned into a quote on the other guy's post. I didn't mean to single out any group of people other than thieves. Not very many Americans can say that their family didn't come from somewhere else, so we don't have a right to put people down because of where they come from. Judge each one on how THEY are and you'll be a lot happier. I've met and worked with immigrants from all over in the Military as a Soldier and as a Civilian here in Germany, and am not afraid to say that there have been some real good folks to have on your side. Everyone has their opinion, just glad I can speak mine without ending up in a camp or mass grave for doing it. When I was growing up, we didn't have near the diversity that we have now, a few black folks was about it. We had just as much breakins, thefts, robbery and so on. There wasn't a special troop of blacks and mexicans doing it either, it was just the good ole boys of the area supplementing their welfare check. You didn't hear any comments like "Damned white people are all alike " though.

Hope I didn't offend anyone.


Dave
 
I used to work for a large oil company in their investigation dept. We had to do an investigation into the death of a copper thief. He went out to a well and tried to chop a copper power line with an ax. The line carried over 1,000 volts. Even though the ax had a wooden handle, he died instantly. Here in Dallas, thieves will steal anything regardless of size from anyone or anyplace including churches. The truck box on my truck was broken into twice in broad daylight in an open lot in downtown Dallas.
 
(quoted from post at 04:30:09 03/07/08) Nice response Dave2! Is it OK if I the starter and alternator out of YOUR car? After all you were going to throw it away sometime anyway.

Don't get upset, just trying to lighten things up a little before they get out of hand.
Here people complain about Turks and Russians and everyone from East of Germany. A Russian guy up the road had someone cut his fence and steal the starter off his tractor. Wanna guess the nationality of the thief?

Anyway........

Have a good day.

Dave
 
We are in the process of helping build a new house for my stepson and his family. He has purchased 2 rolls of 12/2 w/ground copper wire along with other sizes, 1000 feet in each roll, I think they were in the $250/roll price range. When the electrical inspector came to do his inspection, he was telling about having to go to the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation in South Dakota to inspect new housing, which WE are paying for, and have to go back a few weeks later because someone has come in and stole the copper wires out of the houses!!! With probably $750-$1000 total of NEW wire in a house, how much could the salvage value of the copper be worth? I would guess you wouldn't be able to get 25% of the the new price at a salvage yard. I would hate to tear out all the wire we put in it for $200-250. Seems like it would be easier to get a real job!
 
Its all white people stealing copper around here. Has nothing to do with the colour of your skin. Only what morals you happen to have.

What I don't understand is you can get a job for about 15$ an hour stringing copper for an electrician and you could work 40 hrs a week if you wanted. You're making what, 10$ an hour stealing copper out of houses and it is only a few hours a week?
 
Here's a quote from the superintendent of a construction site I worked on near Washington, DC:
"Is your life worth $3 a pound?"
They had people stealing copper from old electrical boxes, some of which were being used for temporary power. Recyclers around here make you give your drivers license before they take anything in. If someone shows up with new rolls of romex, and it happens, they tell them to hold on and then then call the law. Usually not too hard to tell which site it came from.
 
It is apparent the efforts of the abundant Left have indeed been successful in making white folks the defenders of all other races, ethnicities and genders. Anytime a race or specific group is singled out, there will be a white guy run to the front to defend them, white folks just can"t be permitted to offend anybody. This only happens in America. In any other country, a spade is called a spade, a Mexican and Mexican, a Russian a Russian, a tractor a tractor and so forth. God forbid a thief is identified by his national origin or the fact that he is any color other than white, or the political correct police will have your a$$. Disgusting state of affairs in this country.
 

Think you're missing something here, but you probably don't want to see it anyway. Hope you're theives stay the color you want them to.

Dave
 
Maybe I can help clear it up ?

The full time job pay for 40 hrs. is hard work so why would they do that ? when they can do a few hours work and get just as much because it is TAX FREE !!!!!
 
Sometimes you find gloves.Sometimes you find gloves and a hacksaw.Sometimes you find gloves hacksaw and dead theif.The best is when they wear the "high voltage" dishwashing gloves.I got called to one where a guy came in through the skylight and got fried on the open 480 volt crane lines.They were afraid to use the crane.Told em he didnt even trip the breaker, fire it up.Last fall you couldnt even run wire without somebody pulling it out of the pipe the same night.I love when they use a hatchet and start in the middle of a large roll.hacking it to useless but not getting any.
 
Dad gummitt !! I hate political correctness, etc., but now I have been offended. Several comments about white trash!! I am pretty sure my ancestors were considered white trash before we got kicked out of England.


I'm trying to lobby my legislators to get a "white trash history month" started.


Gene
 
Here in Ft. Wayne Ind. they caught 2 guys stealing the copper gutters off of the largest church in the downtown area. They were on ladders at 2 am. I guess nothing is sacred anymore. BTW, they got caught when they got to noisey and woke up the priest.
 
Germans make up the majority of the US bloodlines, particularly in the central, north and east parts of the country.
In the late 1800's the official language of the US almost ended up being German.During WWI there concerns about American loyalty if they would fight their 1st cousins in Europe.
Same concerns in Canada during WWI as well. New Berlin was re-named Kitchener.
To this day German is regularly spoken in, around Kitchener and throughout the Amish/Mennonite communities.
 
The copper plumbing and heavier gauge wire was stolen from my country place in Jan.
Camera showed two white folk, didn't catch the plate number but got their faces and truck.Sure hope I get the chance to thank them in person!!!
 
(quoted from post at 07:42:54 03/07/08) Here in Ft. Wayne Ind. they caught 2 guys stealing the copper gutters off of the largest church in the downtown area. They were on ladders at 2 am. I guess nothing is sacred anymore. BTW, they got caught when they got to noisey and woke up the priest.

Same here. Forget where it was, but a roof was stolen for the copper. A US Kassern was closed down a few months ago and given back to Germany. It was no time before places were gutted to include the fence around the place..........
 
That's what I call an antitheft device! They cought some here a while back too.They had been stripping the wires out of centerpivots. Got one guy here 5 times.
 
I am also in Dallas - we have had the ramps stolen from our moving trucks - 2' wide and 18' long, aluminum, they cost about $1000/each - used!
 
About the only story about my English ancestors that has been passed down is that one of them got arrested by the Sheriff of Knottingham for shooting a pheasant in the King's game reserve. I guess I come by it honestly.
 

I agree with you Dave. Same here. I can give you more personal stories than you care to hear about - I've had a lot of hired hands over the years - but the idiot that stole one of my pickups and burned it up was regular good old boy white trash-white. So was the lazy bum that crashed my F250. Both of them would look a guy straight in the eye - shake your hand - and lie until their tongue fell off...

I've had half a dozen Mexican guys that were all top notch guys. Tried their hearts out, very honest, just trying to take care of their families, etc... I have a tremendous amount of respect and affection for them.


I don't usually get into controversy on here - but Midwest Redneck/Gun Guru just talks out both sides of his face (or whatever)...

He's pretty high and righteous on the abortion issue (see the prior link - http://www.ytmag.com/cgi-bin/viewit.cgi?bd=ttalk&th=616417 and http://www.ytmag.com/cgi-bin/viewit.cgi?bd=ttalk&th=568523) - but voted "amen" on a comment a while back to "shoot, shovel, and shut up" when it comes to illegal immigrants... Guess it's fine to kill adults in his mind...

Not sure what he'll do with the babies after the adults are gone... Maybe he didn't think that all the way through.

I asked how he could justify shooting folks just trying to make a living while getting so high-and-mighty on abortion, but he never answered...



BTW, the way to cure illegal immigration in America is to fine the heck out of businesses that don't verify SSN's for employment. Pure and simple, that will dry the well up to where they go home.

I see that happening all around out here as verification is now mandatory. Without jobs, they have no reason or means to come here.



Howard
Shoot, Shovel, Shut UP
 
Well my English comes from the big Land owners who made the rest of you white trash. Giggle.

Wonder why none of that power and money never got down to me.
Walt
 
They've been stealing the neutral's right off the poles around here. Pretty easy money too...... Good barbeque is about the only way they'll ever get caught though. I think it's time the power company got some 'tingle' voltage up on the neutral....

Rod
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top