off topic killing groundhogs

buzzinduzzin

I just discovered digging activity on my fairly new shop ! Is there any bait/poison that works good & fast ? there are no loose dogs or cats around , yes I know if I had a outside dog then I wouldn't have this problem ! TIA

Other than a rifle, a Bridger 330 Magnum Bodygripper Trap, or a have a heart non-harming type work well. Jim

I caught my 3 this year with a live trap.I put it in front of where they were coming in, used plywood to blocked a path to funnel them in.Got 3 that way and last year got another with watermelon as bait, also some coons and possems. Buzzards need to eat also.

I used the exhaust from my car w/HVAC duct work. Let it run 20 or so minutes. Backfilled/plugged the hole.

Worked for me...Don.

I read on line about dumping used cat litter in the hole. I dont have a house cat but sure know what a cat box smells like. I bought a gallon jug of ammonia. Dumped half in the hole, raked the dirt back in, and poured the rest over the area around the hole. So far two weeks with no sign of any activity.

At our house, I use my .17 Fireball. At our rental in the fair city of Pontiac, I use a live trap baited with a split apple. Both are equally effective.

Best thing .22, but you have to see them to shoot them. Ive filled in their fresh hole and sat an hour with the gun, given up and come back 15 minutes later and its dug out! I've live trapped them by covering a sort of tunnel into the trap with a tarp so they think their still under ground. I've never had good luck baiting them. I had one get under my pole barn, under one corner out the other. Must've moved out a yard of sand on each side. Ticks me off, now it's hollow under my concrete. I put two 5 minute smoke bombs in there...nothing. I got a long funnel and put a gallon of bleach and a gallon of ammonia and quick filled it in. He just opened it up. Finally trapped and shot him.

I've had good success with my 8N and vacuum cleaner hose down the hole.

Let it run at high idle for 15-20 minutes and shovel the dirt back in.

Nothing comes back out.

I have a section of flex exhaust pipe that I can run into their runs and my mower running with the choke half on does a nice job. I havent seen any for four years.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back