oil filter bottom cover leak

olliegator

New User
I have a 1948 john deere B when I changed the oil I now have a leak where the nut tightens the oil filter bottom cover the brass or copper seal ring seems kinda beat up where can I but a new seal ring or is there a different product I can use Thanks
 
Take a good look at the oil filter cover. I have seen some that were distorted or chgewed up on the sealing surface where the copper ring sits and will drip slowly. I have repaired them by refacing in a lathe or with a surface grinder.
 
Make sure you also change the rubber packing seal up in the case too. Deere has these and the copper washer.

Also make darn sure you don't overtighten it trying to seal it as then you break the cast iron oil filter head which is REALLY hard to get at to replace.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top