oil filters

Don-Wi

Last week my order of filters came in from fleet filter. Ordered engine oil filters for all my vehicles, mom & dad's, plus engine for all the tractors, hydraulic for all the tractors and the hydro-swing. All told I got 24 filters shipped to me for a shade under $190. One hydraulic filter was up around $40 so the others were all considerably cheaper. Just the oil filter for our 1855 (converted to use a spin on filter for the 7000 series Allis) was about 1/2 the price of AGCO.

And when I looked at an AGCO filter vs the NAPA (Wix) they are identical, right down to the numbers stamped on the bottom. I ordered from them 2 years ago as well and was pleased then. Kinda wish I would have ordered a couple more of some of the filters, like the one that goes on my wifes van (2010 T&C) Dad's truck (01 Tacoma) and the rider (JD 425) since I ordered 3 of those, but they all use the same exact filter. Also didn't know we still had a filter for the 165 or I would have only ordered 1 of those instead of 3. It's common enough though. It's the Napa 1010.

Donovan from Wisconsin

Through much research, I have found that Wix is the largest manufacturer of filters. Many name brand filters ARE rebadged Wix filters.
Therefore I order nearly all my Wix filters from Rock Auto.

(quoted from post at 09:28:11 02/09/15) Last week my order of filters came in from fleet filter. Ordered engine oil filters for all my vehicles, mom & dad's, plus engine for all the tractors, hydraulic for all the tractors and the hydro-swing. All told I got 24 filters shipped to me for a shade under $190. One hydraulic filter was up around $40 so the others were all considerably cheaper. Just the oil filter for our 1855 (converted to use a spin on filter for the 7000 series Allis) was about 1/2 the price of AGCO.

And when I looked at an AGCO filter vs the NAPA (Wix) they are identical, right down to the numbers stamped on the bottom. I ordered from them 2 years ago as well and was pleased then. Kinda wish I would have ordered a couple more of some of the filters, like the one that goes on my wifes van (2010 T&C) Dad's truck (01 Tacoma) and the rider (JD 425) since I ordered 3 of those, but they all use the same exact filter. Also didn't know we still had a filter for the 165 or I would have only ordered 1 of those instead of 3. It's common enough though. It's the Napa 1010.

Donovan from Wisconsin

I put in an order last fall from them...$780 worth. I figured out the regular price of NAPA gold using online prices and saved over $1000! The one for my JD skidsteer hydraulics was a very expensive filter and worth placing the order just for a few of them. Of course a few weeks later I needed the one filter that I had missed....so had to bite the bullet and go to NAPA.

I've noticed their filters aren't always the best price, but if I'm already ordering from them and the filter is in the same warehouse I'll throw a couple in the order. Otherwise I have to pay separate shipping and that'll wipe out any savings that I'm getting.

Donovan from Wisconsin

I started cutting filters apart and see how well
they're made. To my surprise, the kohler filter has
plastic inside, no metal ends, no pressure relief
valve.

Make up your own mind, cut them apart. Take a look
see what's inside. Them post your findings.

I cut apart a AGCO filter a whole back when the 18 was running metal shavings in the oil. They looked good then, and they're made by wix so I'm happy. Been trying to run Hastings or Wix on everything if I can help it.

Donovan from Wisconsin

Don,
When my dad was in the HVAC business, many
furnaces and AC's were made by the same people,
only differene was the name on them.

I tend to think the same is true about Wal-mart
brand products. You can pay twice as much for
head and sholders as the same wal-mart product
sitting next to it on the shelf.

There are many who think only brand names are
good, not the store brand.

I would alwasy buy the brand name filter for my
lawn mowers. Briggs, Kohler, Kawasaki. Then I
discovered that a steins filter will replace all
brand name filter. The used Kawasaki mower even
came with a steins on it. I cut it apart and very
happy with how well it's made. So much for brand
names.

I have been buying Wix filters from my local independently owned auto parts store for forty years. I get a decent discount due to having an account, when I compare with other sources.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back