Oil flow path in F-20

Pace F20s

New User
I have a "37 F-20 that has a noisy rear main bearing, that is, it makes a mild roaring sound. I took the hand hole covers off and it looks like maybe the rear main isn"t getting oiled like it should be. I looked in one of my other F-20"s and there was obviously more oil in the bearing. My question is: How do both of the mains get oiled. I understand the rod bearing oiling and camshaft bearings. I think I remember seeing a diagram somewhere, but I can"t remember where. I have a photocopy of the photo overhaul from Jensales, a TC-13A parts book and the operators manual. I"d like some direction as to a better manual, or someone who knows about the oil flow. Many thanks, Roland
 

I don't think the mains even have a trough like the cam, they just catch whatever is splashing around.

Are the rods even getting enough oil to splash?

Is your oil waaaay too thin to stick or thick to splash?

Maybe it got surface rust while not in use, and the oil just can't do much too it?

If like they're larger brothers, the mains are bit of a pain to change (about may as well do the works while you're at it), but my Regular only got treated to new rings, so I can't say with certainty there isn't an easy way to pull the crank without having the entire engine out..
 
Thanks for the replies. I think I'm going to have to take it apart. I sprayed the bearing with WD40 to clean it off. It looks like the bearings may be pitted. Once again, Thanks.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top