(quoted from post at 06:14:32 04/09/23) I'm no oil expert so please fact check.
20W20 has detergents
Straight 20 doesn't

Fact checked as you asked George:

A quick web search shows several non-detergent oils labelled as 20W-20 including the Lubriplate product posted by Muir hill 101.

So 20W-20 (and straight 20) can be either detergent or non-detergent. 20w-20 (straight 20, 10W-30, etc.) relates to viscosity range from cold to hot, not the additive package.

This post was edited by Jim.ME on 04/15/2023 at 04:39 pm.

From what I saw online - SF rating was for 1988 and earlier vehicles. SE was for 1979 and earlier. I'd interpret that to mean what you have is most like vintage 1980-1988 (31-43 years old).

I have had old oil where when you pour it out - the top pours off nice and then the bottom pours waxy/STP-like - like different parts have separated due to long storage. Not saying your oil will be this way - just saying I have had it happen to me.

Are "bumps" to posts allowed here?
(My trailer is full, and sittin in the garage, had to borrow a trailer for today haha.... )

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back