Old Hesston Haybine Equivalents

lastcowboy32

If we ignore the difference between 7 foot and 9 foot. What Hesston haybines would have matching parts to the 1070?

By parts, I mean, PTO knuckle ends, swaybar, gearboxes, reel tooth hardware, reel cam follower bearings. those funky tie rod thingies that go on the end of the sickle bar...

I assume the 1090 works.

What about 1071 and 1091?

There are some newer models that look similar from the outside... like a what? 1345? The numbers escape me.

I know that I could go on the Agco website or aftermarket part sources and look through part diagrams, but I'm here to tell you , that particular exercise is getting just as dodgy as asking people here. I have the manuals for our 1070 haybines (we have 2)... and I'm finding that ordering parts is an exercise in matching new/replacement numbers with old numbers.

I also bought a new sickle bar tie rod end from a website called "Reliable Aftermarket Parts" it appears to be good quality, but it looks like the bar on top is 1" thick. Our haybines have 7/8" thick.

Did Hesston make newer swaybar mechanisims with 1" between he plates vs 7/8"???

A bunch of questions, I know.

As far as the 1090/1091, only difference I could tell was in the rolls. The 1090's meshed, the 1091 didn't. Neighbor had a 1090 we have a 1091, mowed together a few years when I had row crops at his place. Only difference between 1070 and 1090 is the width, mechanisms are the same. Funny thing was neighbor had regular (long) guards on his mower and plugged all the time, I had stub guards and never plugged mowing faster too. His reason for not changing was he didn't want to break sections on the rocks, he had to change out sections more than me when we mowed together. Paul

(quoted from post at 22:29:35 07/15/23) As far as the 1090/1091, only difference I could tell was in the rolls. The 1090's meshed, the 1091 didn't. Neighbor had a 1090 we have a 1091, mowed together a few years when I had row crops at his place. Only difference between 1070 and 1090 is the width, mechanisms are the same. Funny thing was neighbor had regular (long) guards on his mower and plugged all the time, I had stub guards and never plugged mowing faster too. His reason for not changing was he didn't want to break sections on the rocks, he had to change out sections more than me when we mowed together. Paul

We have two 1070 haybine. One with stubs, one with full guards. Our experience is similar. The stubble looks just as clean. And the stub guards mow faster. Only downside is that the top clips get bent more often with the stub guards.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back