Old, or other

Coloken

Well-known Member
Old or any one,
Any chanch you can tell me what the original jet size was in a Zenith carb on a Allis WD?. Mine will not adjust rich enough even after a good cleaning and pollishing. Asked on the allis board first. It is a #27 (thats .0532 I think)...If some one rebuilt the engine to an over-bore would it require a larger one? Hate to get out my drill bits just yet. My understanding is Zenith jet is # times 5 equal the # drill size.
Kenny
 
Only way I could tell you that would be to open up a carb and look. Not that I have said that are you 100% sure you got the carb as clean as it needs to be. BTDT and unless you run a wire etc into and out of the jets you will not get it clean enough. They can be a bear at times to open them up like they need to be
Hobby farm
 
Thanks any way. Yes I have had the jet out and polished it good --every thing except ream it out a bit.
 
I'm sur Old was refering to passages, not just the jet. These usually have enough adjustment to make them blubber with black smoke. I also believe it could be float setting. If it is too shallow, it willact that way. JimN
 
The jet it self isn't the problem its the small passage ways that lead to it that get clogged and if not cleaned out will cause the same problem you have. Drilling out that jet will not help if you have other problems and in fact doing so will cause you problems. I have had to open up and clean carbs 2 or 3 times before I get every thing that I need to and I use a tourch tip cleaner to make sure the passage ways are open and spray carb cleaner and also blow them out and have had times that I have had to do it again
Hobby farm
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top