Old Steel drag plough rope trip

550Doug

Just had a look at a 3 furrow x16 'Heinz 57' steel plough that is mostly rust color with a few exceptions. There is blue paint on some coulters, clamped with green clamps onto a faded red frame. My guess is Ford coulters using JD clamps onto a Cockshutt frame. The reason I say Cockshutt is because the two casting numbers I found start with the letter P and also it looks like some paint remains that could be 24.
The back of the moldboards have a faded orange color with some yellow lettering that says 'High Board'. Just wondering if Allis Chalmers ever had those type of moldboards?

A casting number starting with P could be for P & O (Parlin and Orendorff). The red and blue colors also could be P & O as those colors indicate International Harvester which bought out P & O. The P & O brand was a very good plow.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back