Old Super 55 Oliver gas engine..

Ol 54'

Getting ready to change the oil and filter here on my Oliver. Farmers what sort of an additive would I use along with some say 10W 40. Oil to take up for some bigger than the original clearances between the rod, main, bearings maybe the piston to cylinder walls are a little big. Rislone, STP. I thought might work, the tractor still runs pretty good but my late father bought it back in the mid 60's and probably has many, many hours on it, still not enough to overhaul it yet, but that is my plan in the future. Thank you..

Getting ready to change the oil and filter here on my Oliver. Farmers what sort of an additive would I use along with some say 10W 40. Oil to take up for some bigger than the original clearances between the rod, main, bearings maybe the piston to cylinder walls are a little big. Rislone, STP. I thought might work, the tractor still runs pretty good but my late father bought it back in the mid 60's and probably has many, many hours on it, still not enough to overhaul it yet, but that is my plan in the future. Thank you..
I like to use 15% of capacity engine oil LUCAS oil Stabilizer ,,.. I also use Lucas transmission Fluid and sealer in the older oil that should be changed and happen to be a quart low ,,. I top it off with Lucas Transmission fluid and change oil a few days later and that helps clean the engine inside ... Gas or Diesel I use Rotella 10w40 and I use the additives on my 4.6 Lincoln Town Car also

Straight 30wt or 40wt depending on the temp of the environment. A little ZDDP additive would help. Modern straight weight oils are far better than was avail when the tractor was first built. If you think it's pretty loose, use a mix of 30 and 40wt. I think the other products are just a form of snake oil. "STP" actually stands for 'superior treated petroleum'. meh

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back