Old Tractors - John Deer

Anonymous-0

Well-known Member
Hi - I"m trying to find out if 3 old John Deer tractors are of any value. I need help.. They are not in working order. Not sure if they can be fixed. I"m doing this research for a neighbor. Can someone help? I tried to post the pictures but wasn"t able to for some reason. If you are interested in helping contact me via email and I"ll email pictures to you directly. Thanks
 
Sure they can be fixed up. just find salvaged parts from better tractors and Remove worn or broken parts and replace with the better parts. If some parts are missing try to look at a complete trctor and locate the missing parts. The last step is to clean it thoroughly , paint, and apply decals. Some do this all the time. Never give up.
 
Even if they can not be fixed there are worth a good bit just in parts. With out knowing what models they are its hard to say much more but any tractor is worth more then what the scrap man will pay just because they are part of history and will never be made again and they are getting fewer and fewer because of the scrap man
Hobby farm
 
Yes, I agree.. They are certainly apart of history and can't be replaced. I would much rather see these go to a collector who will use the parts or restore them. I'm sure my neighbor would have wanted that way too. I sent you pictures of these 3 tractors so hopefully you can help me out. Thanks
 
Here are the pics of the tractors you will be amazed and pleased.
Walt
<a href="http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j50/WaltDavies/?action=view&current=IMG_5661.jpg" target="_blank">
IMG_5661.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket
</a>
<a href="http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j50/WaltDavies/?action=view&current=IMG_5686.jpg" target="_blank">
IMG_5686.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket
</a>
<a href="http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j50/WaltDavies/?action=view&current=CopyofIMG_5677.jpg" target="_blank">
CopyofIMG_5677.jpg" border="0" alt="JD
</a>
 
Top tractor is a Massey Harris Pony, Middle tractor is a John Deere Model L or La and the bottom is a John Deere Model B. All are popular and have some value although probably in the $200 to $1000 range in my opinion.

Jerry
 
I would suggest keeping one or two for restoration and selling the others. Put it on here and there will be an offer. I have sold three tractors on here and have yet to make a penny off of it, but I hate what rust does to history. I am in it for the sake of seeing something old made new again. You might make a enough to pay for the new rears on that B. Or you could take the dive and do all three...

Just make sure the missus is on board, cause when she ain't it shows!

Aaron
 
That last John Deere is a model A . Unstyled B tractors did not have compression reliefs. (Unless someone changed blocks)
 
Ok - I have finally identified these tractors and verified it on each one of them. Here is the information I have found:
1 - John Deere Model A 454969
1 - John Deere Model LA 12499
1 - Pony Massey Harris PGA18898 & PGA18552 (Found 1 more tractor with no motor)
If anyone is interested in these tractors please double click on my listing and read through the comments and look at the pictures Walt posted for me. These are all very old and in need of alot of work. Thanks
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top