Old trip bucket tractor loader

Kow Farmer

I was thinking about trying to possibly reconfigure an old front end trip loader from a tractor to adapt to my
Gehl 3610 skid loader. I dont have the quick tach on my skid loader. So was wondering if anyone has ever
modified an old trip bucket for this application? This would be a snow bucket only. About 7 feet wide maybe.
Thank you. Kow Farmer

(quoted from post at 12:49:39 11/07/21) I was thinking about trying to possibly reconfigure an old front end trip loader from a tractor to adapt to my
Gehl 3610 skid loader. I dont have the quick tach on my skid loader. So was wondering if anyone has ever
modified an old trip bucket for this application? This would be a snow bucket only. About 7 feet wide maybe.
Thank you. Kow Farmer

Why would you want to put an old trip loader on your skid steer? If you mean you want to use just the trip bucket for a snow bucket, you just need to fabricate and add ears, like the ones on your skid steer bucket, to the back of the trip bucket to match the ones where it pins to the lift arms and bucket cylinders. Many different buckets have been modified for different machines and uses, just by changing or adding ears to fit.

Yes, I meant add the ears for brackets to make the trip loader bucket fit on my skid loader. Kow Farmer

Look at the geometry of the two buckets when the bottoms are setting flat on the floor. You want the relationship between the floor and the lift pin location the same as it is on your skid steer bucket. Then you want the elevation distance between the lift pin and bucket pin the same while keeping the angle ahead or behind vertical the same between them. The trip bucket is likely more rounded at the back than the skid steer bucket. If the bucket pins are too far ahead or back it will affect the dump and rollback available to you.

Eaiest way would be to take a heavy wall tube the width of you loader arms and cylinder so they just fit inside then cut out the one side. Now drill to fit the same cylinder pin spacing as your skid steer bucket or other attachment. Then tack the pieces to the back of the bucket lift and check rollback and dump angle if good then weld on and put a couple flat pieces across the top gap and bottom gap done. Go play. Could also use a couple quick attach bases for the same thing.

If you go to the Worksaver web site and check out their attachments accessories, they have many weld on or bolt on brackets to make things fit. Gives you some ideas on how to do it.

Paul
cvphoto107318.png

I bought a manure bucket at an auction 15 years ago, with the same plans. Still sitting on the edge of the grove waiting for me to get around to it..... sigh... :)

Paul

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back