Oliver 60 Clutch questions

primerk5

I recently acquired a pretty nice 60 RC. Contains a supposed overhaul and a decent paint job. Runs rather well. Been 20 + years since it's last start. The only issues i'm having is with the clutch.

Problem 1
I think it's adjusted incorrectly. It seems when you push the pedal all the way, the throw out bearing fork must be contacting the pressure plate. From what I've read, it could be an adjustment issue. I see no evidence of a stop. I did see in another post that someone used a cable clamp on the clutch rod to contact the bell housing as a sort of stop to prevent the clutch pedal from being pressed to far. I'm hoping this can be adjusted out rather then using the cable clamp idea. Any thoughts on this.

Problem 2
In a neutral position, when you press the clutch pedal, the belt pully keeps turning. It is released, as I can stop the pully with my foot, If I let my foot off it starts spinning again. Makes it difficult to get it into gear unless you use your foot to stop the belt pully. I was hoping it was just some friction happening within the clutch from sitting and it would clear up but it has not.
I'm beginning to wonder if it's the bushing for the input shaft? Is this oil-able or greaseable at all without disassembly? Any other ideas on what might be happening?

Thanks

I adjusted the clutch rod some so the pedal would hit the platform before it ground into the pressure plate. That made it better though there is a lot of pedal movement before the throw out bearing contacts the pressure plate.

The clutch seems to be releasing better now then before. The pulley almost comes to a stop now when you push the clutch in. I guess it just needs some time running around.

Take that one bolt out and pull the belt pulley OFF, otherwise it will be a bear to drive. The first tractor I ever drove was a 1946 Oliver 60 Row Crop I
was about 6-8 years old. Spent a lot of time setting in the seat pulling a 2x14 plow with a rope trip, and as I got a little older the 2 row cultivator was put
on and I got to cultivate corn,. Dad was always in the same field with another tractor doing the same job.
Dad always made sure that we had umbrellas on our cultivating tractors.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back