Oliver 7300 combine

JWalker

Member
OK gents I need to help. I had cut about 4 acers of corn with this machine on Monday when it happened. I came to the end of the row and then there was a "pop" a "lite shudder" and now the machine will not move in either direction. I have cheched the final drives and the connecting colars and they are fine. I have noticed on the left side (sitting in the seat) the bearing holding the drive shaft coming out of the transmission is gone (busted- the race is still on the drive shaft but no bearing). My question is this: do I have a busted transmission, drive shaft, or if I replace the bearing will this fix it. I still have about 5 acers that I need to get out before one of these storms hits us. Any thought or suggestion are appreciated.

JWalker
 
Have a couple of white 7300's, replaced thatbearing once,not as far gone as you your's was. Does your clutch act like its working? Can you make the trans grind, while trying to shift? If you unhook the drive shafts and put the trans in gear can you hear the trans making any noise? Just a few ideals to try. Good luck.
 
I found that the previous owner had welded the final drive shaft and the couplers together on the right side. I can and will have them rewelded. (no need to replace they are welded already). I am having trouble getting the drive shaft out of the left side to replace the bearing. I hope to have a guy come out tomorrow to remove it. That bearing now retails for $156.00. The bearing number is Z-904. You do not by chance have a less expensive source for them do you?

JWalker
 
That bearing is an agco only. Was able to get a bearing from power drive systems #61902RS for $34 in 2010. The bearing is 2 mm narrower than the agco bearing , its working for me. Or you can get bearing #72160313 from agco and have housing machine out to fit that bearing. So there option to agco high prices. Good luck.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top