Oliver 77 crank pulley removal

SDMike

Good Morning. We have been working on my 17 year old son's Oliver 77. We need to pull the crank pulley/fan drive pulley off as the small rivets or screws have wallowed out the holes. There is what I would call a locking collar in front of the pulley. How do you get that sucker off? tried a gear puller on the pulley, but that just bends it. Crank nut is off. There isn't enough room between the back of the collar and the front of the pulley to get anything in there. Thanks for your help.

Mike
cvphoto129808.jpg

cvphoto129809.jpg

I thought those things had threaded holes for something like a steering wheel puller. I don't see any in the pictures though. It's been a few decades since I pulled one off. It looks like somebody has spot welded that one. If so, did they weld the holes in? I don't know, a bearing splitter behind it might be the only way.

There should be 2 3/8 unc tapped holes under all the grime somewhere. Maybe someone broke some bolts off in holes or something cant tell for sure in your pic? Maybe clean it up a bit and you may find the holes are just full of crap hiding them. I have never seen one that didnt have removal holes.

The threaded holes are there. But the front half pulley tin has shifted and partially covered the holes. At least thats what I can see. They are at about position 12:30 and 6:30 oclock.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back