Oliver 77 vs super 77 frame weight

tmg52farm

New User
I am looking to build an antique puller and I want it to be an Oliver. I know the front tub is different from a 77 to a super 77. Which one is lighter? what about a whole rolling chassis? is the rear end any different?

Older is lighter. But Dave Hansen makes a
tube frame that is really light. So a old
77 and his frame with a 66 front end and
trailer hubs. 3500 with moveable weight.

Older is lighter. But Dave Hansen makes a
tube frame that is really light. So a old
77 and his frame with a 66 front end and
trailer hubs. 3500 with moveable weight.

Our 1950 Oliver 77 can make 3500# class with 13.6 x 38 tires, no aluminum, no PTO, no hydraulics, with wheelie bars,
weight brackets, with factory fenders, pressed steel wheels front and back etc. In general, the older the tractor
the lighter the weight.

I'd like to see a tube frame tractor , does it qualify as antique or is it a new tractor ? our rules say it has to be real tractor but it could qualify as a modified with a tractor rear end . v8 and all the goodies if it's a modified .

It's just the tub. Some make a aluminium tub casting. For their Oliver. But I don't know where to get one. How else can a 880 Oliver get in the 3500 lb. Class.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back