pms

Kind of a neat story.Looked at a Oliver 770 for sale on craigslist up the freeway a few miles...checked out pretty good so I bought it.1958 gasser with hydra hitch and a power booster in front of trans.Runs and drives everything works except the gennie.Was telling a friend about it and he said his dad had bought a new 770 back in 58'.Used to be an Oliver dealer in our neck of the woods at one time.It's a Kubota dealership now,same family running it.Long story short it is the same tractor.My friends brother got the tractor after their dad had passed.He sold it to an older lady who wanted it to grade her driveway,anyway she never did use it so it sat in her barn since about 1986.We got a pretty good chuckle outa this.Guess shouldn't be to surprised,We kinda figured there couldn't be to many of these around here still.The darn thing starts right up and purrs.
Paul
cvphoto90059.jpg

Has around 5k hours.Gave $1500.00 for it.

Looks good our Oliver White dealer is now a Kubota dealer as well. Dealer is Sharon Springs Garage and my son just bought a new Kubota from them.

Nice original tractor. I bought a local one owner 66 two years ago. A guy offered me a Super 77 diesel with a wide front yesterday, that he said belonged to his dad. Wanted me to make an offer. It looked decent in the pictures. He said it hadn't been started since 2012. Said he hadn't turned it over, but I'm still afraid of the pump on the off chance that he wasn't fully telling the truth.

Is a mint green or the rust changed the Oliver color? It looks ligh colored me when looking at the left fender. I had an 880 mint green when starting farming in 1964. If its is it is rare have to check serial numbers. LVPSWIA

(quoted from post at 07:05:10 06/02/21) Was in Woodland..guess close enough to
Lacenter.
Paul
His ad said lacenter. Looks like a good one just couldn't make it up there. Nice to see you got it.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back