Oliver fuel issues

OliverDeere

Member
After fixing up an Oliver 88, it has suddenly started acting very strange. It starts, runs, and drives for a little bit before violently surging or stalling. Then to start it back up again, you have to put the choke on. The carb on it hasn’t been touched in 20+ years and ran fine just the other week. Thanks!
 
After fixing up an Oliver 88, it has suddenly started acting very strange. It starts, runs, and drives for a little bit before violently surging or stalling. Then to start it back up again, you have to put the choke on. The carb on it hasn’t been touched in 20+ years and ran fine just the other week. Thanks!
Sounds like it sucked something into a jet.
 
Yeah I’ll have to crack it open and find out.
I guess before you pull the carb pull the fuel like at the carb and check fuel flow. My 1600 did something similar to that a few years ago and it turned out to be a big black beetle that had somehow got into the fuel tank and was wedged in the outlet port. That was dumb.
 
I guess I will check that and the sediment bowl as well. It started this behavior after I refueled it so some sediment must’ve gotten stirred up.
 
I had a running out of gas situation with my 1750. Thought I taken care of it by cleaing the fuel bowl but ending up removing it completely and findind a small white substance in the tubes feeding the fuel bowl. Had to use air to remove it.
 
One of us kids (not me) dropped a pop sickle stick in the gas tank of Dad's 66 one time. I got heavy and sank and would drift over the hole now and then and cut off the gas. I had a 7300 combine that would run fine until you'd put it under any load. There was a kernel of corn stuck in the stem of the sediment bowls on that. It would get enough gas to run with no load.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top