Oliver identification

Hello all, I have an Oliver 88 or super 88 diesel that I'm trying to identify.
IMG_20240418_173653913_HDR.jpg

I thought it was an Oliver 88 but what's really throwing me off is the tub frame appears to be an Oliver super 88 frame. is there any other easily identifiable features that would help tell the model? Thanks for any help

The frame might have been replaced at some point. The Fleetline frames have been known to crack.

What does the nameplate say? If the nameplate is on the right side of the transmission case, that would make it an early Fleetline. If the nameplate is on the lower part of the dash mount, it will have a model and serial number. And measure the axle diameter…if it is 2-3/4”, it is a Fleetline 88. The supers were 2-7/8”.

The frame might have been replaced at some point. The Fleetline frames have been known to crack.

What does the nameplate say? If the nameplate is on the right side of the transmission case, that would make it an early Fleetline. If the nameplate is on the lower part of the dash mount, it will have a model and serial number. And measure the axle diameter…if it is 2-3/4”, it is a Fleetline 88. The supers were 2-7/8”.
The name plate is on the dash I will have to check the axles tomorrow. I do not know what the numbers on the plate are off hand. I will get them tomorrow. thanks

I measured the axles and they are 2 3/4
The specification number is 88-1729
And the serial number is 3501550
I hope this information is a little more helpful. thanks

Last edited:

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back