Oliver No.1 Rake Info

Howdy Yall! New to the forum and glad to be here! What info do you all got on a Oliver No.1 Side Delivery Rake?
If there is a such thing haha

Howdy Yall! New to the forum and glad to be here! What info do you all got on a Oliver No.1 Side Delivery Rake?
If there is a such thing haha
Is it a steel wheel rake or a rubber tire rake? Am 80 years old and was on this site since the mid 90's and a farmer all my working life and never saw or heard of anything except a low wheel rubber tire rake and very few of them.

Oliver had a No. 2 hay rake, which is a low wheel design as Leroy stated.

rake2.jpg

After that it would have been a 107 , 207, etc. They would have been a little bigger than the one pictured.

Mike

Well here yall go. Not sure if it's actually another brand or an Oliver. It says Oliver No.1 in I believe 3 places.

Attachments

• O1.jpg
    O1.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 34
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 34
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 32
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 31
  • O5.jpg
    O5.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 32
  • O6.jpg
    O6.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 32
  • O7.jpg
    O7.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 34
  • O8.jpg
    O8.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 35
  • O9.jpg
    O9.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 30
  • O11.jpg
    O11.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 36
Gut feeling is it is horse drawn in the days when they were changing from dump rake to side rake. Probably 1910-1930 The Oliver #2 pictured above seems rare these days.

Just did a google search. In the images search is a flyer showing an Oliver 1-b horse drawn rake. Looks like yours. Wayne

Yeah looks pretty old, I wonder what year it's looking like. Anybody know the years for an Oliver #2 Rake?
Also I need some steel detachable chain for it. I don't have the original chain. What do I measure to determine chain size?

Yeah looks pretty old, I wonder what year it's looking like. Anybody know the years for an Oliver #2 Rake?
Also I need some steel detachable chain for it. I don't have the original chain. What do I measure to determine chain size?
I think I have a book/pamphlet on the #2 rake. If you are talking about that square link chain its still available at many farm or industrial supply places.

Yeah, I did seem some online but I guess they have different sizes?
A guess from here would be either a No. 52, No 55 or No 62 link. You'll have to measure center to center between the teeth & the width of the sprocket at the base of the tooth. Add maybe a 1/4" or more to either side. Check on the Farm Chains site, under "Steel Detachable Chain" & look through the measurements under the different sizes.

Mike

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back