Oliver Question

Eric Shaw

New User
I have a Oliver 77 Orchard Diesel. Restored 15 years ago and is in very good condition. No outer fenders, the rest is complete. I may want to sell. What is it worth? Western NY.

I also have a Oliver 80 Row Crop. 3 speed. Complete but apart. Un restored. May want to sell. What is it worth? Western NY.
 
(quoted from post at 08:57:12 09/13/10) I'm redoing the sickle sections and guards on my 7 foot Internationl 990 mower conditioner, and have a question about how to adjust things so the sections are close to the guards. After installing guards, knife, new wear plates, and hold down clips, only in the middle of the cutter bar are the sections close to the guards. Most of the rest of the cutter bar has a gap of about 1/16 inch.

So, do I shim the wear plates/hold down clips to tip the sections forward? Or will that just increase the distance? Or, do the guards themselves get shimmed?

Or, beat the heck out of the guards to get them in line, or worse, have to remove guards and try to bend the mounting surface for the guards?

Neither the operator's manual nor parts catalog shows shims, but I've see them for sale in catalogs to go with the wear plates. Thought I'd check here before making things worse. Thanks for the help.

Typical procedure is to bend the tips of the hold down clips downward to hold the knife sections closer to the ledger plates.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top