Oliver S88 update

old

Well-known Member
So I have 2 new front tires on it and drove it to the shop yesterday. I let it sit over night and I just came back in from pulling the hood and then I figured I'd drain the oil. If there was a cup of water in the oil as in less them 8oz. from what I could see. It sat all last winter in the field where it had overheated last OCT as in OCT of 2025. I moved it out of the field a few days ago so I could work on it and do the front tires and noticed the milky oil.

So now I'm thinking about filling the cooling system with water and put a clean pan under the oil drain and let it sit over night and see if I get any water in the pan. If I get water then I'll dig deeper into the engine if not I'll still pull the radiator and flush it real good and flush the whole engine after I get it together and see what happens

Does this sound like I'm on the right track or?????????????
 
So I have 2 new front tires on it and drove it to the shop yesterday. I let it sit over night and I just came back in from pulling the hood and then I figured I'd drain the oil. If there was a cup of water in the oil as in less them 8oz. from what I could see. It sat all last winter in the field where it had overheated last OCT as in OCT of 2025. I moved it out of the field a few days ago so I could work on it and do the front tires and noticed the milky oil.

So now I'm thinking about filling the cooling system with water and put a clean pan under the oil drain and let it sit over night and see if I get any water in the pan. If I get water then I'll dig deeper into the engine if not I'll still pull the radiator and flush it real good and flush the whole engine after I get it together and see what happens

Does this sound like I'm on the right track or?????????????
can any of your other tractors run the hay baler?Its getting late in the season to cut and rake and bale your hay,,,better go to a different plan than the Oliver this season?
 
I would put the plug back in and pull it in the morning to check to eliminate the chance of any dew collecting in the pan. Or Scout relieving in it.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top