old

Well-known Member
Well the last 2 years I have been fighting and overheating problem and now it has coolant in the oil. Haven't drained it yet to see how much I just know the oil is milky. #4 cylinder doesn't seem to be running correctly so is it likely to be the head gasket or maybe a sleeve seal. I've never heard of sleeve seals being a problem with an Oliver but I guess it can happen. I also have to replace both front tires and tubes for a total of $164 each mounted
 
Is there a question in there? Yes, those o rings on the sleeves can go bad. I bought a Super 55 cheap because they were leaking on that. I can't help you with the price of the tires.
 
If it has been overheating for two years it could have done damage in several areas, including the liner seals. Likely a full overhaul would be the best path and may be needed.

$328 is about what I would expect a tire shop would charge for 2 tri-rib fronts, tubes and mounting. Brand and ply of tires they are selling you might change the price a bit. I surprised you aren't just going with a couple used light truck tires, unless they won't clear, no more than you use it.
 
If it has been overheating for two years it could have done damage in several areas, including the liner seals. Likely a full overhaul would be the best path and may be needed.

$328 is about what I would expect a tire shop would charge for 2 tri-rib fronts, tubes and mounting. Brand and ply of tires they are selling you might change the price a bit. I surprised you aren't just going with a couple used light truck tires, unless they won't clear, no more than you use it.
I'd probably go with used truck tires if I had any but I don't.
As for the engine it has always run strong and it didn't have coolant in the oil when I moved it out of the field so this just started. I know #5 plug has been fouling for a year or more so figure head gasket but only opening up the engine will tell for sure
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top