Oliver Serial Builder Plates

Slobo

New User
Hoping those more knowledgeable on the board can help. I am trying to determine when specific types of serial plates were first employed, beginning with the early 1960s 1800/1900A series through 1975.

It would seem that the shield shaped serial plate was employed at the beginning of the 1960s but that this gave way to the keystone-shaped plate. When did this occur?

The Keystone-shaped plate subsequently gave way to the Rectangular Oliver plate, which then gave way (1973 or '74) to the similar White/Oliver Plate in what years?


mvphoto45364.jpg


mvphoto45365.jpg
 
I can remember going to a dealer meeting when the keystone emblem as introduced to the dealer. If I remember correctly it was in the winter of 1961-62
 
Interesting thing was,the 500s never changed from the shield did they? They were built all the way up through early 63. I wonder if they stamped out a bunch and just wanted to get them used up and not throw them away.
 

My 500 which is only 63 serial numbers from the last built has shield plate made of brass. I imagine they kept them all the same except for the earliest ones like your orchard 500.

My plate is a bit tattered. One of my back burner projects is to make a reproduction on my CNC mill. Kind of like I did the grille badges.
 
Looking at the light built clutch pedal and the flat transmission cover I would almost bet the tractor pictured is a 660. I think I see clover white paint on rear rim.
 
Good eye! The tach is also on the right side and it is a 66-660 clutch petal! The serial number is not real clear and does look like 606.
 
They're engraved,yes. I guess they're just new mass produced tags,all made from aluminum.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top