One gas tank don`t work.

E R Ross

New User
I just bought A 1994 F 250 gas Ford PU.
The front gas tank does not work. The rear tank works okay. Can
anyone tell me where my problem may be.
Would it maybe be switch on dash or the pump in tank or fuse. Or one fuse work both tanks.
 
Check to see if you have current at the change over solenoid. Sometimes road mud will act on the wire connections. If no current then check for fuse and current at the dash switch.
Good Luck........
mb
 
Either the pump or switching solenoid. As I recall, this was a fairly common problem with Ford's dual tanks in the late '80's and early to middle '90's.
 
Thanks for the info on my fuel tanks. The switcher must be my problem. I will check it out. Thanks A lot.
Hammer man from Tx.
 
One word of caution: If the tank hasn't been used in a while, it may well be rusted out as well. I have an '88 F150 and I replaced both tanks a while back due to them leaking, but shortly after the rear tank quit working. now fast forward about 4-5 years it's rusted out and the little bit of gas I couldn't siphon out I can smell leaking out. It isn't so bad now, but I could smell it all summer long.

More than likely once you drop the tank or start messing with them, thy will probably need to be replaced. Run the tank dry if you can before dropping it. Makes it a lot easier that you have a spare tank onboard already....

Donovan from Wisconsin
 
There is no switcher on a 94 ford F250. The switch on the dash takes power from one fuse and switches it between the tank pumps. Unless the dash switch is broke, you need a pump.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top