One more reson !!

TGIN

Well-known Member
Just one more reson to not to buy China made tools . I do a little scraping on rainy days , Tear things apart and put the copper , alum. etc. in barrels and sell once a yr. or so . Several yrs. ago We was at a flea market and my cousin picked up a 4 1/2 in. angle grinder . The guy had a stack of`em for 10 bucks so I thought I`d grab one to . Well as they say ya get what ya pay for , it lasted about a hr. The other day I found it and went to tearin it apart and when I cut the cord at the tool end I noticed it only had two wires inside , very thin wires . So I dicected the three prong plug and the ground prong was`nt hooked up to anything , It was just glued on there for show !! Dont know why or how they can get by with that kind of stuff .
 
My last Bosch grinder went thru three sets of brushes and two bearings over 8 years of very hard work.Have some old Senco,porter cable and Milwaukee tools that just keep going.
You get what you pay for.
 
I knew I was getting junk when I bought it , I knew it would`nt last long . I did think it would last longer than a hr. but the post is about the cord not the angle grinder .
 
That kind of thing was going on "in a way" with farm tractors back before the 1920's. Then came the Nebraska Test and that fixed the vast majority of rip offs. Who would be against the Nebraska Test law? That grinder you bought is even worse than the tractors way back then. Pure fraud. But certain people from a certain political party are against any kind of law that would prevent such fraud. You and I both know that glueing the prong was just plain fraud but others would say you're on your own and they wouldn't call it fraud. Instead they would blame you. It's your fault. You should have known better. How do you like that?
 
I went to a big tool sale last weekend and bought a nice set of regular Vise Grips and a nice set of Needle Nose Vise grips. I have one left. The rest are in the scrap metal pile. There were 6 all together. I'm fairly sure the only reason I have one left is cause I ain't used it yet. Moral of the story: DON'T GET DRUNK AND GO TO THE TOOL SALE!!!
 
When I was attaching the sheet metal on the roof of our shop extension, I found out Bosch drill bits are way better. Pretty expensive, but when you only use one Bosch to three or four of the "specials" it makes them cheaper.
 
I bought one of those hand grinders from cummings. It last a total of 45 minutes. I was using it on a light weight boat trailer to clean off old paint and rust. I was ticked cause the truck saleing it moved on from that spot.
 
CHINA is JUNK even the pills! Prison labor and on and on. The FDA just came across a shippment of lead and contained toys (Story) but very good example. The only thing being made in the USA is the Gov of NY State. 80 Grand and counting!!!! How sweet it is??
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top