Ontario grain drill

I saw this today on my delivery route. I don't have anything to do with it. I thought maybe someone would be interested in it. Located in Northern Lancaster County PA.
cvphoto165712.jpg

cvphoto165713.jpg

cvphoto165714.jpg

Looks like that one has been taken care of. It also has the grass seeder box. I have one and they were considered a good drills in their day. Hard to find any pats anymore. They were produced near Rochester NY so they are local history for us. I've got a horse drawn version also in good overall shape. Hopefully someone buys it and doesn't turn it into yard art.

The factory was in the little town of Ontario, NY, just east of Rochester. I rode there once with my dad to pick up a part.

We had an Oliver superior that looks just like that with more angles in the tongue. Had the grass seeder on the front and the cast iron pieces on the ends of the box boards like those. IF you painted it green with some yellow stripes on the back of the seed box it would pass for an Oliver drill. Had the big rubber tires like those also.

Some time during the 1960's they moved to Prattsburgh and eventually they were branded McConnell. They lasted until the early 1980's. McConnell produced other equipment such as cultivators and potato planters.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back