Opinions of and questions regarding David Brown 885

thoner7

I came across this DB 885 which isn't too far away from me.

https://www.external_link.com/listings/farm-equipment/for-sale/31840543/david-brown-885

Are these tractors as well regarded as the 990?

How big of a flail mower could I run behind this thing; knee to waist high grasses.

Tractor data has the weight listed as 4200#, does that sound right? I have some wet spots and muddy areas around springs that I need to make sure I don't get stuck in. How will this thing handle wet muddly clay?? I have lots of trouble with my Massey 150, but no trouble with my little to-20.

What's the bolt pattern of the front wheels? I'd like to find some wider rims and run 11l-16 or similar front tires. Again to help with the weight/mud. With wider tires I'm hoping it will handle like my to-20.

Anyone have info on great bend loaders? It looks to be relatively easy to remove. Would it be powered by the tractors hydraulics or an auxiliary pump?

Lastly, how's the price? I left a message for the seller but wanted your honest opinions as well.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back