Opinions on repairing oil pan

Aluminum oil pan is leaking around drain plug because the pan is cracked. Not too interested in pulling the pan and replacing it. Considering trying to grind the crank out and then fill with JB Weld and then sanding down smooth so drain plug gasket will seal. anybody have experience with this? opinions please thank you. I’ll add this is on a forklift not a tractor.
I have used epoxy to repair an oil pan on a race car that hit the track a little too hard. It worked well but I used a thick epoxy layer not JB weld. Clean it well, grind it rough and cover the entire bottom with about 1/2 an inch. Redrill/rethread the drain to a smaller size to allow some of the epoxy you force into the threads to remain.

Friends down the road that have a combination farming/trucking business told me once that they tip their forklifts up on the side to work under them.
Just for fun......gotta ask.....did your friends describe how on earth they laid their forklift over on the side ? We have an older forklift and so far we have been able to fix everything without getting totally underneath it, but I am really curious. Other comments of wheel loader over onto stack of used tires kinda makes sense. Thanks

Just for fun......gotta ask.....did your friends describe how on earth they laid their forklift over on the side ? We have an older forklift and so far we have been able to fix everything without getting totally underneath it, but I am really curious. Other comments of wheel loader over onto stack of used tires kinda makes sense. Thanks
Another way to do it would be find the 4 crane lifting points and hook to 2 with the tractor and pull it slowly over maybe pick a big tractor tire to land on they do tip over fairly easy side to side it’s tipping the other way you have to try rediculously hard to accomplish with the counterweight on one End forks on the other.

Yes, they would start it with a bar, then take it with a second bar on a block, raising it higher in steps until reaching the tipping point. They did this to a lesser degree when they came to my place to rescue me. I dropped through the deck of one of their trucks with my forklift when unloading fertilizer.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back