Orbid motor replace gearbox for spreader.

hayray

Got the phone number for Randy the Shx3xxt spreader King in Minnesota, got the number from a previous post on here, a real nice guy to talk to. My gearbox on my NH 185 went out, New Holland wants about a $1500 for the worm and worm gear. Randy said stand in line to get a replacement gear box off a used machine but suggested I ditch the gearbox and replace with a Orbid motor like on the H&S and Badger spreaders. Anyone have any pictures of this or had done this?

I haven't seen that set up but I bet he is talking about a hydraulic motor that runs off your tractor hydraulics.

Yes, that is what he is talking about. I called a local hydraulic shop and they don't carry Orbit but other brands. New Holland wants about $1600 just for the worm and the worm gear. They will sell me a complete gear box for $1800. A hydraulic motor is a couple hundred bucks. I sure would like to see a similar set up before I try to go that route.

I bet you could put a small sprocket on the motor output shaft and a big one on the drive shaft of the spreader with a good sized roller chain, and put a hydraulic control valve at the inlet to the motor to be able to set the speed, and you should be good. Would just take a little math.

Many of the newer spreaders are setup with the apron chain hydraulic driven. You can get any speed you want and clean the last little bit of manure out without the beater throwing it back into the spreader.

I found a picture on the internet of a brand new New Holland with a hydraulic drive but it just has a hydraulic motor rotating the worm input shaft going into the worm gear box. I want to eliminate that whole gear box. Are the spreaders you are referring to still have a worm gear box or do they have a hydraulic rotor motor on the end of the apron chain drive axel?

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back