in 2 days so I decided I either need a new spreader of
a new heavier duty floor chain. Since I only haul a
few loads each fall, maybe 8 at the most, a new one is
kinda out of the question. My old New Idea 201 is in
good shape except for the floor chain so I ordered a
new t bar complete chain from Shoups today. I need to
put a new floor in it and now seems like the best time
to do that too. $700 is sure a lot better than buying
one at an auction that has probably the same problem.
My old chain was only 4000 lbs and the new one is 16000
lb tinsel strength. The old chain was detachable chain
and like me was just worn out, this new one will
outlast me by a lot. Keith

Keith,
Send your old spreader to DC, buy a new one, and take a tax write off. They need a manure spreader spread the wealth. lol

My NH spreader apron chain needed some attention and I bought the parts at Shoups. You should be satisfied with your purchase.

My NH spreader apron chain needed some attention and I bought the parts at Shoup's. You should be satisfied with your purchase.

I had problems with my old I-H 200 spreader when I first got it 20 years ago breaking links on the apron chain. I haul about 30 loads a year. Then I did like TF and quit loading it so heavy and shaking the manure out of the loader bucket rather then dumping all in at once where its packed tight. I hate to say anything because I plan to use it today, but I haven't had any problem since I started taking it easy on it.

Looking at the chain that is in the spreader, they are worn pretty thin and stretching more open at the connection points so that was the deciding factor in replacing it. Plus the fact that it's a mile and a half to the field where I'm spreading and I was only loading it to the top of the sideboards and not rounding the load as I used to do and it still broke twice in two days so I figure the price was worth it to replace the chain.

I put a new t bar type on my H&S spreader last year after the old one was worn thin and was constantly breaking (second one on this spreader since new in 2002). Now I don't think I'll be able to wear this one out.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back