OT Dish Network DVR HD Copy

John T

Okay, I have 2 older working Dish Network 625 Receiver/DVR"s with internal Hard Drives on which I have some recorded programs Id like to keep. Anyone know a easy quick way (NOT real time, that"s hours and hours) to copy/transfer the recordings over onto a new 922 Receiver/DVR Hard Drive???? If it helps, each have USB Ports.

PS, To save time, I own all my equipment,,, am NOT on any long term contracts,,, I pay month to month,,,I like what I have and am NOT interested in switching to Direct.

Thanks gang

Old John T, Electrical but not much of an Electronics kinda guy, too dern old, I still have a Dumb Phone and can barely operate it

If you can plug the USB into your computer, and it appears as a drive, you just copy the drive to your HDD and then copy it to the new device. If it does not appear as a drive, I am in the canoe with you. Jim

When my computer died, I called a friend who is a computer guru. We removed my hard drive and she plugged it into a devise that allowed her computer to use my hard drive as a secondary device, like a "D" drive. Had she not made an error, we would have been able to copy and transfer the data to my new computer. I don't know what this devise was called, but maybe a DVR could be attached to a computer in this manner?
SDE

I swap drives between computers quite often. So long as the new one is not the first to be read, it sure works well. (master/Slave settings with jumpers on some.
Jim

I looked into this a while ago. you can use an external hardidrve or even a usb memory stick. It will format the drive to Dish's format, which isn't a standard format apparently, and you can use it then as a storage device and transfer the shows. It will not work on your computer, and anything on the drive will be lost when it formats. That information may be out of date, but at the time there was no way to transfer from a dish formatted drive to a computer, but from dvr to dvr it should be just fine.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back