OT Headed west!

Bob Kerr

Member
Getting ready for a road trip this Sat out to Ft Collins Colorado to get my 1928 Chevy 1 ton and bring it back to Indiana. I hope I can find a load going that way to help cut my gas cost! I posted on the hauling schedual so hope it works! How are the gas prices out that way?
 
It is barn fresh, but real nice shape for original unmessed with, hasn"t ran in years. Dad knows much more about 28s than Arch does so if I can"t get it running I might borrow the engine out of his 28 truck since he rebuilt in the 50s and was never started. Lol! I should be able to get it going, haven"t met an engine yet that foiled me.
 
I suggest you skip North Dakota unless you like open country as GAS is $3.27 for reg. in northern nodak about ten to fifteen cents cheaper in Bismark and Fargo.
 
$3.16 to $3.21 Here in NW Iowa. Just went up 22 cents last Friday. That is for 87 octane unleaded gasoline.
 
Yep that would be him! He was good enough that the fire dept brought those old Maxim Waukesha powered pumpers to our house to be worked on years after he closed his shop. That usually got the neigbors over to see if the house was on fire! My job at 14-5 yrs old was changing and gapping all 12 spark plugs and bumping the ignition over to set the points. When I was a little squirt there was a Wakesha crate engine next to the door of that old shop and I used to climb up the side of the crate. 870 cid I belive it was. You have me thinking, have we met?
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top