OT- Malibu fuse box

T in NE

I got a fuse box for a 98 Malibu off evilpay for a project. Having some troubles getting the wires scienced out. It seems the relays and fuses both draw power from the cable from the battery, and things must be switched on the ground side. But if so, why have a relay for things like the headlights?
I'm using a 6 volt lantern battery to put power to a terminal, then using a DVM to find the wire that it corresponds with. Not having much luck. Found 4 orange wires that feed the headlights, but they are only 18 guage, maybe. How did they not burn these things all to the ground(no pun intended)???
When hooking the battery to the input cable terminal, and fuses in the headlight fuse spaces, I also get power to terminal 86 of the headlight relay. Seems kinda stupid to me, you blow the fuse for one headlight, and you lose the power to energize the relay, losing both headlights.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back