OT-sprayer project tank

lonestarjeff

I picked up an IBC tank last week from a recycler close to the city. It is part 1 of my trailer-mount or 3-point sprayer project. It holds up to 275 gal, but of course I don't have to use the full capacity on the tractor forks.

Part 2 is to figure out my boom design. I have quite a bit of pvc laying around(3/4"-2"), so I'm hoping I can use it. I'm considering using the pvc as the boom & the liquid delivery system. The problem is if I use a large enough diameter pipe to minimize sagging the extra weight of the liquid in the boom may defeat the purpose. Anyway, it'll be fun figuring it all out.

Jeff
2012-04-14_08-47-47_833.jpg

I like that idea. I was trying to figure out some kind of truss, but the tank frame is there waiting for me to tie onto.

Jeff

a disadvantage to the pvc will be the inability to fold the boom for travel/storage and potential damage to the boom should it hang on brush or a tree traveling to and from. You may want to use pvc to carry rubber tubing and hinge the pvc (with springs) for storage/travel.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back