Dan2N217688
Member
I've tried everywhere for info, so now I'll try here where the real smart people are at. I bought a 98 chevy 2500 cargo van for my business, with a blown engine. Van body great shape, with air. It has a 4.3L vortec. The guy I bought it from drove it to my place, in route, a hole blew out the side. I drove it in my garage. I bought the van for $1000.00, and a rebuilt engine for $850.00. I also bought a Haynes book. Right now, I'm in the process of removing the front end grill, radiator, bumper, and anything in the way. While doing so, I cant help but wonder how I'm gonna get the engine lifted out with hardly any clearance. I'll be using a hydraulic engine hoist. (fold up kind) will probably get an engine leveler. But I just cant see where there will be any room to use them. Does anyone have any tips on doing this. I would have paid someone to do it, but I'm gonna put alot of new parts on the rebuilt one, and I want it done right the first time. Thanks in advance